KAEM Conditions of Contract
The stipulations as laid out in the KAEM Conditions of Contract forms part of the Terms and Conditions for entering KAEM 2020. By accepting the Terms and Conditions of this entry, you agree that you are familiar with the contents hereof.
PASSPORTS, VISAS, VACCINATIONS AND INOCULATIONS
- Make sure that your passport is valid for international travel and that it is valid for at least six (6) months AFTER you leave South Africa.
- The responsibility for the provision of current and valid passports, visas, vaccinations and inoculations, where required, is that of the customer alone and Augrabies Extreme Marathon cc shall not be responsible or liable for any consequence of any nature arising from the entrant failing to ensure that he or she has complied with all such requirements.
- Prices include what is listed in the various packages under Pricing Schedule.
- The price does not include personal items, beverages, meals not included in the itinerary, telephone calls and any items not specifically stated.
- Until Augrabies Extreme Marathon cc has received full payment, we reserve the right to change the prices.
- The price is guaranteed once full payment has been received.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
- A deposit per participant is required with booking.
- We reserve the right to cancel any entrant if payments are not received on time as laid out in the “Pricing Schedule”.
- A detailed deposit and payment schedule is laid out in the “Pricing Schedule”
CONDITIONS FOR CANCELLATION
- In the event of entrants cancelling their reservations, Augrabies Extreme Marathon cc shall have the right either to claim the total amount of any deposit paid by such an entrant or to claim any damages suffered by the Corporation.
- The maximum cancellation fees that may be imposed are as follows:
- From time of booking until 01 May 2020 – Deposit
- Until 01 August 2020 – ZAR 7,000.00
- Until 10 September 2020 – 50% of the event price
- After 10 September 2020 – 100% of the event price
INSURANCE AND MEDICAL INSURANCE
- It is strongly advised that adequate insurance cover is taken in the event of cancellation prior to departure due to illness, accident or injury.
- It is compulsory to have medical travel insurance or medical aid which covers the event for the duration of the event.
- In most circumstances Mediclinic Upington does not accept Medical Travel Insurance Policies or certain South African Medical Aid as payment. Should you need hospitalization, you will be required to pay for your hospitalization and claim this amount directly from your Medical Travel Insurance Policy or Medical Aid on your return home. A valid credit card will be required to admit you in to the hospital.
- Ambulance transport costs to the hospital are for your own account. Please confirm that your Medical Travel Insurance Policy or Medical Aid cover this.
- Augrabies Extreme Marathon cc is not liable for ANY hospitalization costs on your behalf.
- Augrabies Extreme Marathon cc is responsible for arranging and providing the services listed in the event itinerary.
- Any tours that are booked and all tour arrangements that are made on the express conditions that Augrabies Extreme Marathon cc, their servants and agents shall not be responsible for, and shall be exempt from, all liability in respect of any loss, damage, accident, delay or inconvenience to any person, or his or her luggage, or other property, wherever, whenever and howsoever the same may occur.
- AUGRABIES EXTREME MARATHON cc, THEIR SERVANTS AND AGENTS SHALL FURTHER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE WHATSOEVER.
- South African Airways and other IATA carriers are not to be held responsible for any act of omission or event during the time passengers are not aboard the aircraft or conveyance.
- The carrier’s liability for acts, events and omissions that occur during the carriage by air is governed by applicable laws and regulations and by the conditions appearing on the carrier’s ticket.
- Augrabies Extreme Marathon cc is not responsible or liable for any act of God, strike, riot, civil disobedience, theft or other condition or event beyond its control.
- While every effort is made to keep to all published itineraries, we reserve the right to make changes for your convenience.
- In some cases, weather conditions can necessitate an alteration in the event itinerary and this does not constitute any reason for refund.
- No refund for unused services will be considered.
- Augrabies Extreme Marathon cc reserve the right to correct printing errors or omissions at any time, unaffected portions will continue to remain valid.
- Any circumstance beyond the organisers’ control that may result in a cancellation of any stage or the entire event will not constitute a refund.
- By law, and falling within the South African Event’s Act, should the temperature exceed the prescribed safety levels, that stage will be stopped for the day.
- It may occasionally be necessary for coaches to wait for passengers travelling on other flights that may have been delayed, or whose baggage has failed to show up.
Augrabies Extreme Marathon cc and the customer hereby consent in terms of Section 45(1) of the Magistrate’s Court Act No. 32 of 1944 as amended in respect of any proceedings which may be instituted by either of them to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court which at the time of such proceedings has jurisdiction over them in terms of section 28(1) of the aforesaid Act, but acknowledge that the party suing shall have the right should it in its discretion desire to institute action in a competent division of the Supreme Court of South Africa in which event, the costs of such action shall be determined in accordance with the tariff or fees applicable to the Supreme Court in force at such time. Augrabies Extreme Marathon cc and the customer expressly agree that the laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern this agreement and any claim as more fully envisaged above.